With strong French influence, sleigh beds with trundle are a very stylish choice for a kid’s bedroom. Coupled with a trundle bed and it’s a perfect fit for any kid that has the occasional friend stay the night just like a bunk bed with trundle. In this article, we will go over our top choice from Amazon, the Donco Full White Sleigh Bed with Trundle.
What is a Sleigh Bed?
Before we get started, it’s probably a good idea to know what a sleigh bed is in the first place. Essentially it is a normal bed but the headboard and footboard have a distinct curve to them that would remind anyone of a sled or a sleigh. Traditionally they were made of wood but in the present day, you can get them in all sorts of materials like iron, steel, or aluminum. Wood construction gives the bed frame a lovely rustic look, while metal frames can bring the bed into the modern world.
Note: Sleigh bed is mainly referring to the headboard and footboard. With that being said, other bed types can also add sleigh to the name just because it has the foot and head boards like a sleigh bed. Take this Hillsdale Furniture Bedford Sleigh Daybed with Trundle in Cherry Finish for example. It is a daybed but also considered a sleigh bed because of the distinct styling of the head and foot boards,
Full White Sleigh Bed by Donco with Trundle
- All wood construction using pine wood and MDF to add strength to the panels
- Full or twin size main bed with twin size trundle
- Free shipping through Amazon
- Supports wood slats for extra strength under the mattress
- Beautiful and crisp white finish
- Recommended weight limit of 150-160 lbs – ideal for kids to young adults
- Trundle takes a 6 inch thick mattress while the main bed can take an 8 inch thick mattress
- Mattresses not included – no bunkie board or box springs needed
- Assembly required
If you’ve already been doing some research on sleigh beds then you already know there is an endless amount to choose from. However, when you get into trundle territory it becomes much tougher to find one. Since it’s mainly geared towards young children to young adults you just won’t find a ton of them compared to how many regular beds are on the market.