One of the unique features of a pop up trundle is that it can be used to convert your twin or full-sized bed into a king-sized bed. In this article, we will take a look at a pop up trundle bed twin to king.
Dream Solutions Dark Metal Day Bed Frame Trundle Included
This setup is basically 2 metal bed frames, a raised up daybed frame plus a pop-up trundle frame. What makes this combination so special is that the 2 frames can be placed together to create a king size bed. This differs from a typical twin bed with trundle setup because they are usually much lower to the ground so the 2 beds can’t be combined like these beds frames from Dream Solutions.
There are plenty of other options out there that have more frills and features but what makes this setup so special is that it’s very minimalistic while still being as practical as needed. These beds are ideal for small living spaces like guests rooms, mother-in-law suites, and studio apartments. Having a secondary area for sleeping will always come in hand for those that have visitors over every once in a while.
- Trundle fits standard twin size mattress – 8 inches thick or less
- Trundle can be left at low level or raised up to line up with main bed
- All metal construction and dual gravity locks for maximum strength
- Simple assembly required for main bed – trundle bed comes assembled
- Overall dimensions – 77 inches by 41 inches by 17 inches
- Overall weight – 85 lbs | Shipping weight – 149 lbs
- Bed skirt with a drop of around 17 inches recommended
- Rolling wheels are on the trundle bed but not the main frame – wheels do not lock
- About 15 inches of clearance under the main bed
- According to online reviews the beds can handle around 200 lbs of weight
- Shipped all in one box
- Additional holes need to be drilled into frame if you want to attach a headboard or foot board
- No box spring needed